Terms and conditions you should know before registering.Published on 31 August 2021
True Malaysians support one another. This Merdeka, show us your love and support for our local vendors. Join the #jiranSupportLokal competition to stand a chance to win special prizes for your brand. Click this link for more information.
The terms and conditions for the contest are listed below.
1. The “#JiranSupportLokal” contest (“Contest”) is organised by Jiran (“Organiser”).
2. This Contest is subject to the rules and conditions determined by the Organiser and bound by guidelines stipulated by the social networking sites, Instagram (“Instagram”), Facebook (“Facebook”) and the relevant laws of Malaysia, and is not valid outside Malaysia.
3. Participation in this Contest is open to anyone who are active SME owners in Malaysia.
4. The Contest will run for seventeen (17) days commencing from 31 August 2021 and ends on 16 September 2021 (“Contest Period”).
Contest Rules and Guidelines
5. To qualify for the Contest, participating brands (“Participants”) will have to do the following:
5.1. The brand’s social media accounts must follow Jiran on all of its platforms (Instagram, Facebook and Twitter).
5.2. Post a video/Instagram Reel of your small business based on one of the following categories:
a) Pack an Order with Me
b) A Look into My Small Business Production
5.3. Video duration must be between 30 – 60 seconds and it is to be posted on the brand’s Instagram account.
5.4. Tag @kitajiran and use these hashtags: #kitajiran #jiransupportlokal
6. Each Participant may submit more than one (1) entry during the entire Contest Period but only one (1) submission may be counted as winner for each Contest.
7. Organiser accepts no liability or responsibility for entries lost, delayed or undelivered, nor any liability for technical errors or communication failures in networks and/or internet access.
8. Results once announced are final. Disputes or appeals will not be entertained. The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify the following entries:
8.1. Participant(s) who are not following Organisers’ social media accounts and/or
8.2. Participant’s Instagram account is invalid, non-existent and/or fake.
8.3. Contest Mechanics stated above in (5) is not fulfilled.
9. Only Participants that fulfill the Contest Mechanics stated above in (5) shall be eligible to win the prize. Incomplete entries and/or Participants that fail to fulfill the Contest Mechanics will be automatically disqualified from the Contest without notice.
10. The Contest winners will be selected based on the following criteria:
10.1. Active/existing Instagram account.
10.2. Videos from Participants with the most Likes will be selected as the winner.
10.3. In the event of a tie, the Organiser reserves the right to choose the winner on their own discretion.
11. Winners will be announced on Jiran social media pages and will be contacted directly by Organiser’s personnel, at least 14 days after the contest ends or at any time deemed appropriate by the Organiser via Instagram DM or phone call and/or email.
12. If the Organiser fails to contact the winners in at least three (3) attempts via DM or phone call and/or email, the qualification will be void and another winner will be selected.
13. The winner will be required to provide full mailing information including name, phone number, home address and email address.
14. Prizes are non-transferable and must (where applicable) be used on the dates specified and may not be redeemed for cash.
15. The winner(s) will receive the following prizes:
15.1. 1x feature article on Jiran website.
15.2. 2x promotional social media postings on Jiran social media platforms.
15.3. Jiran merchandise worth RM100
Prize Rules and Regulations
16. The winner(s) agree to participate in any publicity or other such promotional activities, which the Organiser may reasonably require in connection with the prize promotion and the Organiser shall have the right to use each winner’s name, likeness, image, voice and biographical information for advertising and promotional purposes in connection with the prize promotion in all media without further notice and without the need to make any payment to any winner for such use.
17. The winner is bound by the terms and conditions that come with the prize. The acceptance of the prize indicates the acknowledgment and agreement of such terms and conditions.
18. If a specified Prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Organiser may at its discretion, without notice, substitute a similar Prize or one of equivalent value.
19. The Organiser shall not be liable if a shipment is lost, misdelivered, damaged or delayed because of circumstances beyond the Organiser’s control. These circumstances include: terrorist activity; strikes; labor actions; an “act of God,” for example an earthquake, cyclone, storm, or flood;
Other Rules and Regulations
20. The decisions of judges appointed by the Organiser are final, conclusive and binding and no further appeal, inquiry and/or correspondence will be entertained.
21. The Organiser reserves its right to vary, delete or add to any of these Terms and Conditions and/or substitute or replace the gifts from time to time without any prior notice.
22. By participating in the Contest, it is deemed that the Participant agrees to be bound by the terms and subject to the conditions herein set out upon submission of entry. The decisions of the Organiser in relation to every aspect of the Contest including but not limited to the type of prize and winner shall be deemed final and conclusive under any circumstance and no complaint from any Participants will be entertained.